University of Scouting
- COMBINING OF UNIVERSITY OF SCOUTING AND COLLEGE OF CUB SCOUTING: We have some exciting news with the merger of University of Scouting and College of Cub Scouting. To better meet the needs of Scout leaders in the Great Salt Lake Council, we have united our training into a one day event, University of Scouting.
- WHAT IS UNIVERSITY OF SCOUTING? University of Scouting is an activity packed day of training for adults involved in the Scouting program. The classes are divided into three colleges: College of Cub Scouting, College of Boy Scouting, and College of General Studies to meet the needs of all leaders involved In Scouting. These classes are designed to give you the tools of the trade, build excitement, and help you plan your next adventure in Scouting.
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Anyone who has a part to play in the success of a boy in Scouting. This includes all positions within a unit (den, pack, troop or crew leaders), Unit Commissioners, Chartered Organization Representatives, Primary and Young Men leaders, district and council staff members, and even parents. Don’t forget to bring your Den Chiefs, they are leaders too. Make sure to let us know your district when you register. It could benefit your district!
- WHEN IS IT? Saturday, October 14, 2017, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Registration/check-in starts at 7:15 a.m.
- WHERE CAN IT BE FOUND? Mt. Jordan Middle School, 9351 S 300 E., Sandy, Utah
- WHY GO TO UNIVERSITY OF SCOUTING? Because this is the premier training venue for all leaders involved in Scouting. It is designed to benefit the new leader as well as the seasoned veteran. We have classes, midways and many opportunities to improve your Scouting tool box. You can share your knowledge and receive answers to all of your Scouting questions. You will have the opportunity to earn your University of Scouting degree as you participate in this training program. What a great way to become a better Scout leader.
- QUESTIONS? Email gslc2017UofS@gmail.com
- COST? Registration is $20.00. If you register before Friday, September 15, 2017 you receive a $5.00 discount and the cost is $15.00. Registrations made from September 16th to the day of the event, the cost will be $20.00. Registration includes class entry, University of Scouting patch, degree patches and more. Lunch is an additional charge.
- Sorry, no refunds are given but registration is transferable to someone attending in your place.
- NOTE: Class selection must be made prior to the close of Event Registration. Otherwise, class choices will be on a "space available" basis at the time of the event.
- Check out all the other opportunities available at University of Scouting in the bullet menu on side.
Check out the College of Cub Scouting Resource Library! New information will be added yearly – so look for Boy Scout as well as Cub Scout Resources here. This is your one stop shop for all of the information that used to be located in the books or cd's that were handed out in the past. You can access this great resource at ccs.slcubs.com!
2017 University of Scouting October 14, 2017
|2017 U of S participant guide.pdf||Download|