Apply to Work at Camp
Are you tired of the same old routine? Did you know that the Great Salt Lake Council, BSA operates four traditional Boy Scout camps, two high adventure camps, and two Cub Scout day camps? Each site offers opportunities for a variety of summer camp staff jobs. Our camps offer positions for individuals as young as 14. The Great Salt Lake Council is an equal opportunity employer that hires both females and male, as well as people of all ages and ethnic groups, diverse cultures, and mixed abilites.
Why Apply for a Camp Staff Job?
Here are a few of the countless reasons that are frequently expressed:
- To make lots of new friends in your area and other states
- To spend a summer in the great outdoors where nature prevails
- To acquire experiential education (learning by doing) and new skills that will last a lifetime
- To be part of an effective team and to cooperate with others to get things done
- To learn how to lead others and to apply leadership skills
- To undertake and fulfill meaningful challenges and to earn the satisfaction of doing a job well
- To work with youth and adults of all ages
- To serve others
- To give something back for the opportunitues you have received
- To be paid and receive food and lodging (long term camps) in return for something challenging and fun
- To be considered for jobs of greater responsibility and to receive letters of recommendation for other pursuits
Why work at a fast food or retaik establishment that focuses on sales when you can have opportunities like these that will prepare you for more meaningful endeavors?
How Do You Apply for Scout Camp Staff?
Click on the application located on the right to the camp you are interested in. You can find more information by visiting the camp page and then return and fill out an application. The application is directly emailed to the Camp Director who will then be in contact regarding camp staff interviews. Interviews normally begin mid-February and run until all positions have been filled. If you are interested in more than one camp, be sure to mark the others camps you'd like your application to be shared with in case the position(s) you are interested in are already filled. If you have any questions regarding the camp or employment at the camp you can always call (801) 582-3663 and ask for the camp director for the particular camp you have questions about. We look forward to having you join our summer camp staff!